September. My new monthly review of exploring Lakeland and the area.
We ate out:
*Purple Onion for lunch with Nora. Downtown, nothing fancy. Good basic food in reasonable portions at reasonable prices. Definitely will go back.

*Fat Jacks for breakfast, twice. Supposed to be best breakfast place in town. A diner with good basic food at ridiculously good prices. Deserves its reputation. Definitely going back

*Harrys Creole for lunch with friends. We first ate here last Dec on the day we closed on our house. Finally went back and it was as good as we remembered. Definitely worth a repeat. Right on Munn Park, lovely service, yummy food, good wine.
*Foxtail Coffee… ‘cause they were hiding a good ice cream store inside.

We explored:
*Bonnet Springs Park. We had a delightfully cool weekend and got a nice 2.5 mile walk around this fantastic park. The elevated walk in the trees is my fave but the butterfly garden was amazing too.

*DMV. Renewed Peter’s license. Lakeland’s tax office is in an old retro Publix; it’s so cute. No i didn’t take a photo, dang it!
*A boardgaming event in a nearby town. My 3rd time with this group. Lovely people, great potluck.
*An excursion to St Pete for dinner, wine, theater and friends. So nice to have a variety of cultural options around. Love to visit St Pete. We’re getting to know its downtown.
We shopped:
* @360_unlimited — vintage clothes store. I bought a funky cartoony dinosaur shirt. Didn’t buy super heavy Mongolian style helmet.
* @inklingsbookshoppe — our fave to bring friends to. Delightful used book store. Though they sell new also; I bought @johngreenwritesbooks ‘s newest novel.
* @hp_guild_games — two times! Once to buy Drillers, and the second time I got a Flamecraft promo and ordered Hummingbrds. I’m so happy Lkld has a great boardgame store, even if it’s a long haul from my house.

*Five & Below — ok it isn’t unique to Lakeland but I’d never been to one. I indulged in small pumpkins and a coloring book for @sean.brodrick.

I realize i didn’t take a lot of photos. And we didn’t explore as much this month as i have loads of work.

Barbara & Jerry visited.

Our backyard is still our favorite place on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment