Sunday, October 4, 2026

Catch up post — reposting social media

​haven’t been posting here. So I’ll copy from social media. This blog was supposed to replace my SM posting, but that only occasionally works. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†

Yesterday (saturday) was not a productive day. And I needed that. I only left the house once — to pick up take out food. I feel recharged to socialize and get a couple small projects done today. 

*

Maybe a wee Disney trip in our future since we have to cut the Daytona Beach one down. 

We’re at the nearly-the-end part of tax season when I start planning weekend hike trips for me and the husband.

*

I finished my work early (well, ran out of work to do). So I thought I’d put away laundry, even hanging things up. Clothes and hangers are now piled on one side of the bed. 

Somehow instead I am also laying on the bed with the cat draped over me. This is good.

She did eventually move and I got all my clothes put away. 

*

A lot can change in a year.

This time last year, I didn’t know whistling ducks were a thing.

I hadn’t eaten Love Bird’s fantastic fried chicken 

I didn’t own a dart board, a hybrid car or a robot vacuum.

*

I’m a confirmed socialist now.

I joined DSA. 

*

I’ll need to re-learn this a few more times. But I’m getting better about being less frantic.


*

I’m agnostic, honestly. I believe above all that none of us knows for certain what greater power there is or not.

But I still like the idea of a church community, because I hold out a sliver of hope for the religious. For those times when they can be beautifully compassionate, supportive, motivated by love. We don’t see it often enough and even more rarely in organized religion (of all stripes). 

Anyway, I might try another church tomorrow. Then again, I might just sit in my backyard and worship nature with the ducks.

*

Gratitude Oct 2

I am grateful for machines that wash our clothes so I’m not down by the river doing it myself. I’m grateful for Consumer Reports for recommending LG brand so I didn’t have to think about choices longer. I’m grateful this one holds as much as the old one but isn’t as tall so I can reach the bottom. I’m grateful that an appliance replacement doesn’t break our bank account.


*

Gratitude Oct 1 (yeah I’m late)

I am grateful to be living in an area with lots of cultural choices. I know my old hometown had plenty, but it’s nice to explore new things. On Thurs Oct 1, I went with Peter to a talk about Elvis Presley, Jack Kerouac, and Jim Morrison and their overlapping time in Florida in the mid 1900s. The guy speaking was a bit spastic but enthusiastic! The bar was delightful but not near anything else we do regularly, so I don’t know if we’ll be back. The wine was ok, the cheesy focaccia with pesto dipping was fantastic. The view out the window was pretty bad. The talk led to more conversation for me and Peter for the drive home.


*

Things I did this weekend instead of doomscrolling

1.  Read

2. Bought darts for the son in law (NOT a birthday present)

3. Made breakfast plans  

4. Slept

5. Caught up a bit on Survivor and TAR

6. Baked bread

7. Tidied the house

8. Wrote lists

9. Listened to Irish folk music versions of pop songs 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Joys Project

Back in January 2023, I came across a British woman on Twitter who had written out 365 small joys on pieces of paper and put them in a jar, ...